UUJEC at General Assembly 2022
General Assembly 2022 Recap:
- UUJEC shared a booth at the Exhibit Hall with UUs for Social Justice (D.C.).
- We had two insightful on-demand workshops.
- We proposed five Actions of Immediate Witness, described below.
- Our poster session was well received. You can view our poster here.
- Our Annual Retreat was held virtually during General Assembly.
- Our 2022 Annual Report was circulated during the week in Portland.
2022 Actions of Immediate Witness
UUJEC board members have been working on all of the AIW proposals below. We know only three will be accepted to be voted on by the General Assembly, however part of the reason for AIWs is to raise an issue’s visibility. Read a summary of each AIW.
- Act for a Livable Climate led by UUJEC Board Member Cindy Piester
- Stop Privatization of Medicare, led by UUJEC Board Member Rev. Judy Deutsch
- Anti-Racism and Reparations via Restorative Justice led by UUJEC Board Member Carl McCargo
- Education: Meet the Moment led by UUJEC Board Member Rev. Robert Murphy
- Labor Union Support proposal by UU Democratic Socialists and helped by UUJEC Board Member Rev. Robert Murphy.